Are you an entrepreneur looking for the next big thing? Sink your teeth into online selling!
E-commerce is making waves in today’s business climate. But what’s the big deal with online stores? It’s easy to understand why they’re so popular with customers—the ease of buying from the comfort of your home, the affordability of most deals online, and the pull of a good buy are all things that are familiar to business owners. But why should business owners patronize online selling? What’s in it for them?
Picture these situations:
- You’re a struggling business owner unsure of how to make more sales.
- You’re an entrepreneur at the height of your game, selling out products every time they hit stores, but you don’t know where to go from here.
- You’ve sold at a few bazaars or events but don’t quite have the budget to put up your own shop or stall yet.
- You’ve always wanted your own business, but don’t have the time or manpower to run an offline store.
In any of the above situations (and in many more), online selling just might be the answer to your problems. Here are a few reasons why:
- It’s a whole new platform, which means new opportunities for you beyond what an offline store can provide.
- Online selling allows you to pick right up and have a store—no building anything or hiring anyone required. All you need are your products, an online selling platform, and someone to manage the store, which of course, can be yourself.
- If you’ve got a product that’s meant for a niche market, no need to worry about getting it out there. There are so many ways to advertise to the right people, and to get them talking about your products.
- Online stores can be accessed by customers anywhere and at anytime. They won’t be confined to mall hours, or even regular hours of the day. That means they can view your products without you having to lift a finger.
In addition to the previous point, you decide who gets to purchase your products, which means you can make it available to anyone you want. You can expand your customer reach by 100% or more if you want to!
Now that you’ve warmed up to the idea of online selling, let’s go back to that second point. One of the requirements for e-commerce is an online selling platform. What better platform than Shopify, the leading online store builder in the world?
All the benefits of online selling mentioned above are present in Shopify, but it’s got a few other features that make it even better. Shopify allows both pros and beginners to create online stores so easily, it’s practically a three-step process. All you have to do is create your brand, design your online store, and sell! All of these can be done without a single line of coding, so you won’t have to worry if you aren’t exactly a “techie”. Shopify helps you every step of the way, and even goes the extra mile to help you reach your customers, market your products, and manage your store on your own.
Shopify is also affordable both at face value and in the long run. There’s a free trial that allows you to experience Shopify for 14 days, then the monthly fee for basic Shopify (which lacks a few non-key features) is only $29, while the monthly fee for Shopify is $79. For a more detailed view of what these plans include, and what the Advanced Shopify plan has, see their pricing list.
For long-term selling, it’s also got great value. It essentially takes care of your shop design, so you don’t have to pay someone to build a website for your store. If you want to redesign your brand and do a whole makeover, you can with just a few clicks. It has guides and tools that can help you with marketing, product building, pricing and market research. Shopify also has many free resources you can take advantage of like blogs, tools and stock photos.
These are just a few reasons why Shopify is your best bet when it comes to starting an online store. If you’re in the mood to do some research, check out the many positive reviews Shopify has online. If not, take our word for it—you won’t regret it.
For more information on how Shopify can help you with your online business, check out their website.